The Collaborative Center fosters campus-community collaborations that advance the public good. We accomplish our mission by connecting faculty, students, and community leaders to work together to promote positive social change and access to opportunity through academic and civic partnerships.
- Through our various programs/initiatives, Collaborative provides a pipeline of resources to community organizations including faculty expertise, student interns, and funding partnerships.
- We provide opportunities for students to apply their academic studies to contribute to their communities, learn how to work with diverse populations, and build lasting civic responsibility. Our students mentor, write grants, build capacity, research, advocate, and serve in a variety of ways according to community-identified needs.
- We offer a unique space for faculty and nonprofit professionals to bring their respective knowledge together to tackle society’s most pressing issues in the areas of access, equity, public policy, literacy, food security, youth development, and arts and culture.
Our Signature Programs
- Rutgers Bonner Leader Program (PDF)
- The Collaborative Mentoring Program (PDF)
- Advancing Community Development Program (PDF)
- Community Research Assistant Program (PDF)
- Rutgers Behavioral Assistant Program (PDF)
- Rutgers Civic Scholar Certificate Program (PDF)
- Certificate in Youth Mentoring (PDF)
- Join The Collaborative for the upcoming event Serving Together. Serving Together joins community leaders, students, faculty and food policy experts to learn about local efforts in Hunger Relief and Food Insecurity and how you can get involved.
- Learn more about this exciting event HERE.