We at ODI work to strengthen inclusion, diversity, equity, and access in order to support Rutgers’ leadership in research, excellence in teaching, and commitment to community.
What We Do
- Partner with other Rutgers offices and departments to create, promote, and implement universitywide policies that advance diversity and inclusion.
- Support university schools and departments, in order to recruit and retain diverse and culturally balanced faculties.
- Provide students with resources and learning opportunities including community-based internships that prepare them to engage as contributing members of a diverse society.
- Foster programming through our centers and institutes.
- Produce in-depth programming on topics such as cultural stereotypes, gender roles, analysis of media, victimization and power, sexuality, personal responsibility and well being.
- Promote opportunities for faculty research and teaching that advance understanding of diversity, inclusion, equity, and access.
- Encourage and provide support for ongoing collaborations with community, state, national, and international stakeholders.
- Promote art and culture that advances ODI’s mission.
- Communicate the university’s message on diversity to a broad audience.