Our Mission and Values
We at ODI work to strengthen inclusion, diversity, equity, and access in order to support Rutgers’ leadership in research, excellence in teaching, and commitment to community.
What We Do
- Partner with other Rutgers offices and departments to create, promote, and implement universitywide policies that advance diversity and inclusion.
- Support university schools and departments, in order to recruit and retain diverse and culturally balanced faculties.
- Provide students with resources and learning opportunities including community-based internships that prepare them to engage as contributing members of a diverse society.
- Foster programming through our centers and institutes.
- Produce in-depth programming on topics such as cultural stereotypes, gender roles, analysis of media, victimization and power, sexuality, personal responsibility and well being.
- Promote opportunities for faculty research and teaching that advance understanding of diversity, inclusion, equity, and access.
- Encourage and provide support for ongoing collaborations with community, state, national, and international stakeholders.
- Promote art and culture that advances ODI’s mission.
- Communicate the university’s message on diversity to a broad audience.